ARLO contains thousands of documents, as well as hundreds of pieces of information about each facility using animals. ARLO is free to use, and no registration is required. New records and features are added regularly.
Most of the documents in ARLO were obtained through thousands of open-records requests filed by RFA. A smaller number come from government databases and lab websites. All documents have been made fully text-searchable. RFA does not edit or otherwise alter the content of the records it posts, except to redact any personally identifiable information.
You may visit any RFA site, including ARLO, without revealing personal information about yourself. RFA only collects personal information when such information is voluntarily supplied by you such as when you send RFA an email or complete one of RFA’s online forms (e.g., when you make a donation or subscribe to our emails). RFA does not sell your information to any for-profit entities. From time to time, as is common practice, RFA may exchange mailings lists with like-minded nonprofit organizations. This may involve trade or purchase. However, RFA members who request that their names not be made available for use are not included.
RFA, ARLO, and other marks indicated on our site are trademarks owned exclusively by RFA. The use of these trademarks and trade dress is prohibited if used in connection with the sale of any product unless specifically approved in writing by an authorized agent or employee at RFA. Use is also prohibited if used to disparage or discredit RFA or used in any way that may cause confusion among our supporters, donors, and the general public.
RFA grants you a limited license to access and use ARLO for personal, public education, press, or other lawful purposes. You may view, download, share, repost, and use these records, subject to the restrictions below. Additionally, when reposting, republishing, or otherwise distributing information obtained from ARLO, you must credit RFA and link to the RFA ARLO website at https://arlo.riseforanimals.org.
RFA wants you to use ARLO, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others, or the integrity of the community. You, therefore, agree not to engage in the conduct described below, or facilitate or support others in doing so:
- You may not use ARLO or any site owned and operated by RFA, or the information or content contained in or obtained from ARLO or any site owned and operated by RFA to engage in, encourage, advocate for, or otherwise support any act, conduct, or activity that is prohibited by law or that depicts illegal activity;
- Solicit any person to join or contribute to any scheme, activity, or course of conduct that is prohibited by law;
- Solicit any person to join, become members of, or contribute money to any other organization;
- Engage in, encourage, or otherwise support any activity or course of conduct that is unlawful, threatening, harassing, intimidating, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent, including without limitation any activity or course of conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law;
- Engage in, advocate for, encourage, or assist others in engaging in, advocating for, or encouraging conduct, activities, or any other act that is intended to harass, intimidate, abuse, or otherwise threaten any person;
- Perform any activity that any state or federal regulatory body determines (in its sole discretion) may be harmful to others.
- You may not edit or alter the records obtained from ARLO when republishing, reposting, or otherwise distributing the information in a manner that distorts, misrepresents, or otherwise changes the meaning, substance, or content of the records and the information contained therein.
RFA shall not be held responsible for any content obtained from ARLO that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend RFA against all claims arising from the posting, linking, or publishing of content obtained from ARLO on your Website. No link(s) to ARLO or any other website owned or operated by RFA should appear on any website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene, or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third-party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to ARLO or any other site owned or operated by RFA. You agree to immediately remove all links to ARLO or any other site owned or operated by RFA upon request.
Except where prohibited by law, in no event will RFA be liable to you for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, or punitive damages, including lost profits, even if RFA has been advised of the possibility of such damages.